2022 LAUNCH DATE: Big 60 Launch Party March 3rd

(2/19/2021)

Arctic Cat Snowmobiles invites all enthusiasts to the Big 60 Launch Party on Wednesday, March 3, at 6pm EST / 5pm CST

Celebrate the company’s 60th anniversary - a special night planned to highlight the past, present and future.

Highlights include a special kick off from the one-and-only Roger Skime

Hear from leadership about the future of the brand, walk-arounds of the 2022 snowmobile lineup, an introduction to the new Black Cats, and much more.

The night concludes with a representative from AIARE announcing the winner of the RMR Tribute sled sweepstakes

Register here for a night of excitement and chance to win exclusive 60th anniversary prizes.

GreenRider says:
2/19/2021 7:49:00 PM

Will this be the extent of AC’s 60th celebration? I’m hoping not and they have something like 50th. That event was a lot of fun!
Future says:
2/19/2021 11:03:00 PM

What’s the story on the Arctic Cat drawings?
Ken says:
2/20/2021 7:53:00 AM

I'm registered and excited to see what's coming. We were at the 50th also. That was a great event and we all had a lot of fun. Wish Cat would do something like that for the 60th but I don't see that happening. Fingers crossed though. I like the drawings.
Glad2BGone says:
2/20/2021 8:02:00 AM

I hope they don't forget the long starving dirt division...
Marco says:
2/20/2021 12:20:00 PM

Future, Ken, I recognized those renderings from a few short years ago online somewhere. As a Freelance Designer and saying this as to explain. Most designs never get chosen. Just a few are picked off the big white wall (board) with dozens (can be hundreds) of designs. Maybe this part, or that part.. then re-do the design to finalize it. Rest are taken off of the board and are filed away or get destroyed depending on who you are talking about. Often concept sleds never end up in production. They take parts of this or that and end up in production model after being tested as a prototype. Like that curved tunnel never made into production that they were going to have on Firecats back then.

Ok, 2nd of all, I did see a teaser! Not going to say where I saw it! Hahaha. Its beautiful!
Bill Christianson says:
2/20/2021 2:30:00 PM

KALE where can you watch the launch?
Brian H. says:
2/21/2021 4:05:00 AM

Photo on bottle opener in last pic?
CountyCat says:
2/21/2021 6:18:00 PM

Their Instagram showing on their website states “seeing 2022 snowmobile lineup “. The dirt machines probably won’t be discussed yet. But something to look forward to....
Jason says:
2/21/2021 6:29:00 PM

Hoping for a 9000 riot, uncoupled rear skid would be nice for getting the heavier front end up when needed. And the 146 track would help put that power to the ground better. Cat says makeover for a crossover so mabey something cool coming.
Kale says:
2/22/2021 8:04:00 AM

Greenrider - As far as Im aware, this LIVE event will be considered the 60th Celebration. Not the same in my opinion as an in-person event, but since navigating events with COVID and all, I can understand.

Ken - Im happy to hear you registered! And yes, the 50th was really fun.

Glad2BGone - For the most part, there haven't been dirt product launches in conjunction with snow. Im assuming we won't see dirt product here either. I have heard new dirt product will launch this summer. Maybe we will hear a mention of that?

Marco - You are pretty spot-on. Ive always admired prototype sketches, and prototype machines. For every machine launched, there's something just as cool sitting on the shelf that hasn't seen the light of day for varying reasons.

Bill Christianson - You can view this live launch on-line. There is a highlighted link to register underneath the RMR Tribute snowmobile photo in this story.
Catscan says:
2/22/2021 11:45:00 AM

Does anyone know if Cat is going to start using Kirk and Tucker Hibbert at all? I mean they are only the best racers in the history of snowmobile racing. It should would be nice if they would.
gbarchives says:
2/22/2021 12:58:00 PM

I turn 60 on March 3 also. Nice birthday present to watch this show. LOL.
Nik R says:
2/22/2021 2:58:00 PM

I'm excited, yet not overly optimistic. I hear so many Cat faithful looking to other brands for some sizzle. Lets face it, new technology inspires people to spend 14-15 grand. A refined version of a 2012 may ride great, but it's not enough. On the motor side, a re-worked 800 every 2 years does just the opposite. It makes me wonder, why are the previous 2 versions being obsoleted so quickly? To make me, the potential buyer excited, or to attempt to fix issues that have only been addressed through on-line chat groups? I know too many Cat guys that bleed green, have vintage Cats in their garage, but spend their big miles on a competitive brand. I hope there is a sense of urgency at Textron. We want something to be excited about and justify spending a big chunk of $$ on. New grey paint and a reworked 800 just aint gonna doo it. Sorry to sound negative and maybe I'm wrong?
Jason says:
2/22/2021 3:58:00 PM

Nik r, exactly!
Bill Nemanis says:
2/22/2021 4:26:00 PM

The constant Cat bashing has really gotten old! The procross sleds have continued to be defined since their introduction. The sleds are reliable and continue to win races in all forms of competetions across the snow belt.
Kale says:
2/22/2021 4:43:00 PM

Nik R - great comments, and I don't think they're negative. I agree some technology advancements to a brand sell snowmobiles. And I get excited about the new stuff just like everyone else. On the flip side, I love tried and true if it is working.

I also tell people, if you don't like the brand, go to another one. It's ok. Once engrained in another brand, you'll find their Pros and Cons too. I learned this after many years of testing all brands for the snow magazines and the opportunities to ride many competitor brands while working at AC.

Shifting topics, You question the 800...here's a bit of light on the subject.

AC had the venerable Suzuki 800, then in 2018 introduced the CTEC2 800 with the slotted piston. The big difference was a nice bump in low- and mid-range performance, as well as much lower oil consumption. Per Arctic Cat and compared to the Suzuki mill, the new 800 had a 36-percent increase in low-end torque (less than 5000 RPM), an 18-percent increase in mid-range torque (5000-6000 RPM) and 30 percent reduced oil consumption below 7000 RPM.

For 2020 model year, AC moved away from the slotted piston for one simple reason...to meet increased emission standards.

Parting question for you, or anyone else, If AC comes out with a new 851cc twin turbo in a lightweight Mocha-Choka chassis, are you the guy who says, "I don't buy first year snowmobiles" or "Its ridiculous what they're charging for sleds (technology)" or, "Hooray! Shut up and Take my Money!" Ive seen/heard all three since as long as I can remember.
Nik R says:
2/22/2021 5:30:00 PM

Thanks for the response. I’m personally about 2-3 years from being ready for a new one. I do have a bit of apprehension about first year sleds that are all new. I also remember in 02 when I saw the Firecat I was so excited that I just had to have it! That excitement overpowered all of my fears. And boy what a sled it turned out to be! Right now many feel that some excitement is overdue. A retooled 800 to meet emissions does not do it. The 850’s from the other guys have a very high perceived advantage. Not just in cc’s, but technology. If Cat has to retool the 800 for the third time 5 years, they need to bake in some sizzle. Heck punch it up to an 825 and it would create excitement. The legacy of Cat is all about innovation and I think we’re all just hungry for something more than a mild update. Lastly that old Suzuki was and still is such a great motor it had big shoes to fill.
Elias says:
2/22/2021 5:55:00 PM

If Cat would bring back a revised 500cc engine (85HP - 100HP class), would be nice promotion from the 400cc single banger. Developing a new engine takes about 2 years doesn't it? They may be able to create a 650cc engine using the bottom end of the 800cc engine just like what Polaris did?

Refinement and reliability/durability and new tech is awesome. Just my two cents.
Snopro says:
2/22/2021 6:51:00 PM

First of all, Kale, I love your dedication, keep up the great work. I also wish they would have another 500. We run two in the family and they are great little motors. I still think if these sleds are priced right this thing may work. I see a lot of used sleds (poo Doo) priced higher than you could have snomageddoned a cat. I don't need a iPad bolted to the dash and I don't mind being the underdog. I just want topull the rope and go!
Eric Bergstrom says:
2/22/2021 9:29:00 PM

Interesting comments about the "I don't buy first-year snowmobiles" crowd, as they relate to the "I'm jumping ship because this chassis is too old" crowd.

Clearly the 2012 Procross machines had their fair share of issues. That said, this has been the first full season of the Blast, with a new engine (someone help me... when was the last single cylinder engine produced, by any brand, prior to this model year?), and a mostly new chassis as well. I'm around Arctic Cat people every single day, and I've barely heard a single complaint about a Blast, all winter long.

I know people still complain about the Procross growing pains, all these years later, and people have certainly spent the last 5 winters or so crying from the mountaintops about how long the Procross has hung around.

Maybe there is no right answer? Maybe Arctic could release a new chassis every 3 seasons, or keep this Procross going for another decade, and they'd get destroyed online, and heavily doubted for it either way?

I think I'll spend the last couple weeks of winter enjoying what's left of the snow, and leave the heartburn to the keyboard warriors.
Robert Klapperich says:
2/23/2021 10:23:00 AM

Looking forward to the online presentation.

I was hoping to get in a few test rides this spring, as Cat has done the last couple of years, but it doesn't look like MN weather is going to cooperate. Maybe! We'll see. Actual hands-on test rides converted me to Cat.

Other than a complete lack of obedience from my 21 Riot 8000 at 4800-5200 rpm's, I've been extremely happy with it. Some believe an ECU flash will erase engine jerking/stutter/general orneriness in that rpm range, which makes me think it's a mapping issue. Maybe there will be an update for the 22's that can be used for the 21's.

I really liked the Blast a lot. Again, riding it was critical in forming an opinion. It wasn't the right sled for me, but I think Cat did a great job in hitting the target. People complaining about price don't realize that the only semi-direct competition is a "600 EFI" sled that costs more (or potentially costs the same if dealer discounts it), weighs more and is bigger - and is made to hit the same price point. A fan/carb 3/4-sized sled selling for less isn't in the same league, because in order to get the same speed and ride quality as a Blast, you need to spend an equal amount of money (or more) on factory mods. So, the people with complaints about the Blast aren't seeing the whole picture and I think Cat did a fantastic job.

I think this year is a Hold-Onto-the-2021 year for me, but cheers to Cat on 60 years and 60 more.
krom says:
2/23/2021 8:04:00 PM

There will always be the "I don't buy first year sleds" guys.. But you can't have a second year, without a first.. New product drives sales.

Everyone is down on cat, its sad watching them fall further behind.

The 850's started back in 18, progressive rear suspension in 2010 or 11. You can bet that Doo and Poo aren't resting on their laurels, they have either developed, or are developing the next big thing in suspension, engines, gauges etc.

There is no shortcut to learning, developing, and testing, the further behind you get, the more difficult and expensive it is to catch up.
Pine Martin says:
2/23/2021 8:29:00 PM

All this talk about AC needing to upgrade suspensions, but week after week Herfindahl and Selby spank every brands ass on the cross-country race courses.
ACbuster says:
2/24/2021 10:46:00 AM

Kale,

Do you know if this event will be recorded and available to view later on for those of us that cannot view it live?
Glad2BGone says:
2/24/2021 8:41:00 PM

Kale,
I may be looking back with rose-colored glasses, but it seems to me that the Wildcat was shown, if not formally introduced, at the snow dealer meeting. Can't remember about Hay Days. I still have the 50th Anniversary book, and DVD.
Don Wineland says:
2/27/2021 8:56:00 PM

Great statement Nik R where are the boys from Thief River we always counted on to release industry first’s like A arm suspension, slide rails, Z suspension ok so I maybe bring up old tech but at the time it was industry first.
Don