Feb. 20 Blizzard Brought to You By...

(2/21/2011)

After last week's gut-wrenching thaw that left snowmobilers in a puddle of angst, Mother Nature rebounded with a 14-in. snowfall where I live in South-Central Minnesota.

This storm was brought to you by...

Paul Hein aka Snowhunter says:
2/21/2011 3:27:00 PM

It ain't over yet ! We still have time to get in a ride together John. Get a hold of Tom Rowland and let's do it. How's the book coming ?
2/21/2011 3:52:00 PM

The book needs me to quit everything else for a month and concentrate...LOL.

Which isn't going to happen, so I'm jammin' at all hours and crossing my fingers!

I've got a couple weekends of travel planned, after which I'd love to go for a scoot with you, Tom and anyone else. (BTW, I really missed out on not attending Tom's consumer ride a month ago...I was in the middle of a huge work project. Knew I'd see you, bummed it didn't work out.)
Todd Ulschmid says:
2/21/2011 10:18:00 PM

Hey neighbor, let's go riding sometime, again. The ditches are ready and wait'in! Unfortunately, the trails are like early season riding, again. No base....A little time available for a ride today so, I went for a "spirited" rip up to PL, via HWY 13 and back, today. In-freaken-credible!
Tom Rowland says:
2/22/2011 5:49:00 AM

Yea...I'll go for a spin on our newly fallen snow! Hopefully ArcticInsider will bring us another heavy snowfall, or two, in the next 30 days.
2/22/2011 6:55:00 AM

Todd: Cal and I rode to Veseli for pizza last night, ditch and trails. Agree about conditions being like early-season. LOTS of drift busting... absolute blast.

What I loved about this blizzard, was that it was an event. It dominated the better part of two days, completely affecting people and their daily routine.

Tom: I'll make it happen.
Paul Hein says:
2/22/2011 10:09:00 AM

John,
As long as you're handling the snowstorms could you please slide them north about 100 miles ?
Thanks in advance. I'll be ready when you guys contact me to ride.
Paul.