Great News for Canadian Arctic Cat Snowmobiles Consumers

(10/30/2020)

Robert Klapperich says:
10/30/2020 10:20:00 PM

I'm sure Canadian buyers will be relieved to hear that!

If I can peer through the corporate-speak smoke, I'm guessing that the "consumer program" was some kind of refund or 2022 preorder incentive. It sounds like whatever it was, they're cancelling it and will not refund deposits on Snowmageddon orders. Am I close?

Still, if it comes to getting a 2021 sled or getting a refund and no sled, I'll take the sled!
Snowowl says:
10/31/2020 7:27:00 PM

I hope this was a cash settlement and Cat did not give BRP any technical designs. BRP asking the court to rule that Cat could not deliver presold units was petty and vindictive; a request seemingly intended to hurt dealers and consumers. I'm happy for fellow Canadian Cat fans who can get their new sleds, hopefully for an epic winter. I'm also looking forward to the 2022 release and hoping for something that entices me to trade in my ZR7000 next year.
A Noni Moose says:
11/1/2020 9:34:00 AM

Seems to me that BRP unfairly targeted Arctic Cat. In my opinion, if you compare both the Arctic Cat and Polaris designs to BRP's design, the Polaris configuration more closely copies BRP; Cat's is more of a trapezoidal design than pyramidal.
The BRP lawsuit seems frivolous and is probably in retaliation for the penalty BRP was slapped with for copying an Arctic Cat PWC patent.
Derek says:
11/2/2020 4:32:00 PM

All of this was because Bombardier (parent company) is going broke. They are selling off a lot of their other business's assets, like their C-Series planes and trains. So in order to recoup monies, BRP sued AC for no reason LOL.

It's great news now I can hopefully get my hands on the 2021 ZR 6000R XC sled if not wait to see what comes out for MY 2022
krom says:
11/2/2020 7:02:00 PM

Derek,
BRP has been separate from Bombardier for almost 20 years
TP says:
11/19/2020 11:21:00 PM

Covid 19 will have far more impact than this settlement. One wonders if the snowmobile industry will survive it.