Ische's 1974 Arctic Cat Sno Pro

(10/18/2011)

1974 Arctic Cat Sno Pro 440 from the Ische Family collection

Tom Ische is longtime Arctic Cat fan, rider and collector. His sled collection emphasizes rare late-1960s and 1970s racers. His sleds are immaculate.

1974 Arctic Cat Sno Pro 440 from the Ische Family collection

His daughter Brianna is into vintage Cats nearly as much as he is. Like Stephen Knox commented on the memorabilia story, this is a family that plays together.

1974 Arctic Cat Sno Pro 440 from the Ische Family collection

Here Nancy Ische and I are getting the sled situated on the white seamless background for the photo shoot.

I'd seen the famed 1974 Sno Pro sled in thousands of pictures, and they always appeared big for some reason. But when I saw (and sat on!) one, I realized how small they are. They're practically tiny, and they almost feel delicate.

1974 Arctic Cat Sno Pro 440 from the Ische Family collection

Here Tom does a few last-minute detail touches prior to taking pix. These guys opened their Glencoe, Minn., home to me for three days to capture hundreds of images, which made a huge impact on the quality of the book.

1974 Arctic Cat Sno Pro 440 from the Ische Family collection

I'm at a loss for words at how beautiful this machine is. Prior to the photo shoot, my all-time favorite looking sled was the 1976 factory Sno Pro racer (another machine that the Ische's own). During the shoot, I got a new girlfriend.

1974 Arctic Cat Sno Pro 440 from the Ische Family collection

Can you see why?

1974 Arctic Cat Sno Pro 440 from the Ische Family collection

Pure and gorgeous.

1974 Arctic Cat Sno Pro 440 from the Ische Family collection

I found that if I got on my knees to bow to the '74 Sno Pro's beauty, that I felt worthy of being in its presence.

Thanks again to the Ische's for making this happen, and to photographer Brian Balsatis for taking such stunning images.

The Cat Kid Doug Hanson says:
10/18/2011 10:12:00 AM

I want your job !!!!!
Catsforeme says:
10/18/2011 11:30:00 AM

Great job John !!! This was my all time favorite Cat growing up in the 60's and following sno pro in the early 70's was like a natural high back then and THIS was my lady too . again great job and keep em comming, I know there's lots more people like Tom that have done a fantastic job keeping these sleds alive, again thank you much !
John Zanon says:
10/18/2011 7:31:00 PM

Very nice, both the stories and collections...priceless!
Stephen Knox says:
10/19/2011 7:01:00 AM

the 1974 Sno Pro is a masterpiece. I get goose bumps just looking at a picture of it!
jeff says:
10/19/2011 7:43:00 PM

John, you should have posted the famous picture Three Tough Cats.

Greg Hallstrom says:
10/24/2011 6:48:00 PM

Definitely a sharp looking machine! But, I still think the '76 Pantera was the best all-time good looking Cat.
Tamla says:
10/9/2015 2:38:00 AM

HI Jenn, Its interesting that we need to get our of foabeock, emailing, etc to get to be focus. My main problem is that I need concentration to actually read the emails and respond or follow through the important ones. At this moment I have three messages in FB which are really important and two emails that needs a task to get finished. I focus so much in completing my main goals and I use all the time. My main goals like the e-course, which I feel so committed to to it right takes a lot of time, Then I try to comply with the product orders, and when I am about to get that email, read it and follow through I'm exhausted and I postpone it for the next day. I am trying this week to focus on doing something to change that. Your class will help, for sure.