Old Style Racing: That's they Way They Did it in 1983

(10/5/2018)

You deserve snowmobile racing and Old Style Beer.

"After racing, nothing goes down as smooth and easy as Old Style Beer. Whether you're racing or a spectator, take a case along to your next race."

That was the message hitting readers of Snow Week magazine waaaaaaaaay back in 1983.

I suspect there are some people who take great offense to these ads. Such as those who drank/drink Busch Light, Zima and Bud Dry.

One thing's for sure: Snowmobilers do it with style.

You deserve snowmobile racing and Old Style Beer.

Mike F says:
10/5/2018 10:55:00 AM

Snow week was awesome when I was a kid. Couldn't wait to get the last race info.
Mike F says:
10/5/2018 11:16:00 AM

Snow week was awesome when I was a kid. Couldn't wait to get the latest race info.
Wade Schroeder says:
10/6/2018 5:48:00 AM

I still have a box full of Snow Weeks up stairs. Mine are not from 83 era there the early to mid 90's. Guys like Norman Ball III with his rotax powered Sno twister I believe it was. The early cross country battles of Jack Struthers vs Capt. Kirk Hibbert. Sno cross with the Flying Fin. Local drag racer Dave "Trigger" Trygstad was in there a lot. I remember reading about the quick thumb of Guy Parquette. Brad Pake winning the I500 or the jeep 500 ISOC old Wild Willie Jensen I think is in a few of them. That was one of the best snowmobile magazines.
TCAT DOCTOR says:
10/6/2018 4:24:00 PM

ZIMA!!!! WOW JOHN!!! YOU REALLY PULLED THAT ONE OUT OF THE HISTORY BOOKS!! OF COURSE, YOU ONLY HEARD ABOUT ZIMA, YOU'RE NOT OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE DRANK ANY BACK IN THE DAY!
Tom says:
10/12/2018 5:05:00 PM

"take a case with you" ? Glory days from the past,,
Mike F says:
10/12/2018 6:34:00 PM

Take a case to the race is always solid advice....lol