P.J. Wanderscheid Wins Record 4th Eagle River WC

(1/16/2011)

Wanderscheid wins a 4th World's Championship

P.J. Wanderscheid did it!

The oval racing powerhouse from Sauk Centre, Minn., won his fourth Eagle River World's Championship title, the first person EVER to do so!

He battled with former Team Arctic World Champion Gary Moyle for 15 laps, with Wanderscheid running the low line to Moyle's high line. A stronger drive coming out of turn four on the last lap gave P.J. the elusive fourth win that seemed destined to never happen.

Congratulations P.J. and the entire Wanderscheid/Country Cat crew!

Look for a more in-depth interview with P.J. here in the coming days.

Jason Currier says:
1/16/2011 11:18:00 PM

Awesome, great to hear that P.J. has broken the ceiling...

5th next year?

taperk600 says:
1/17/2011 9:31:00 AM

Congrats to PJ and Crew !! Glad to see a new record...especially when it's set by a Cat racer.
mr.attitude says:
1/17/2011 12:33:00 PM

How about that hooper power!
Tom Rowland says:
1/17/2011 6:44:00 PM

I too want to say Congratulations to the Wanderscheid Team! It sounds like the win was hard-fought and well deserved, I hope to see it on video as soon as possible.
John Zanon says:
1/17/2011 9:15:00 PM

This should have been #5!
I was at Eagle River a few years ago when P.J. coasted to the finish line with his fist clinched held high, and was passed just feet from the line. I have it on video somewhere from my beta camcorder.

Very painful to watch!

He won't stop at 4...I bet he's planning on next year right now, I bet. He looks so young...I wonder if he has a driver license yet! (LOL)...Congratulations on a great team effort for Cat and Drift. ...John
John Zanon says:
1/18/2011 8:59:00 AM

If you look at the ad on top of this page, it says "Country Cat...home of 3 time world champion" ...That needs to be changed ASAP!!!!
...John
keith nohner says:
1/18/2011 10:09:00 PM

Congratulations to you and your team, it wont be your last w.c. win, You and your team work very hard, and it pays off !! Awesome Job, wish I was there.