Pat Mach Passes Away

(2/5/2011)

Pat Mach

This is news as painful to write as it is for me to think about:

Pat Mach – husband, father, snowmobiler and President of the USCC cross-country race circuit – died yesterday as the result of a snowmobile accident.

I received the news this morning. What I’ve written above, is all I know at this point.

And before I can begin to fathom what this means on a widespread level, all I can do right now is pray for his wife Lisa and his son Adam.

Dave Nehring says:
2/5/2011 9:24:00 AM

RIP Pat - thoughts and prayers to Lisa, Adam, and the Mach family.
Micah Huss says:
2/5/2011 10:11:00 AM

Our hearts and our prayers go out to his family from all of us here in Alaska.
dann says:
2/5/2011 10:15:00 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.
didnt know him but any loss of life in this sport is tragic.
Raoul Duke says:
2/5/2011 2:16:00 PM

Pat's steadfast stewardship and continuous elevation of cross-country snowmobile racing shall be sorely missed. The recently proposed 2012 Winnipeg-to-St. Paul USCC I-500 should thus bear his name in tribute.

Happy trails, Pat, until we meet again.
81snopro says:
2/5/2011 6:45:00 PM

God Bless you Pat. May you rest in peace.
taperk600 says:
2/5/2011 8:42:00 PM

Thoughts are with the family.
catflatlander says:
2/5/2011 9:12:00 PM

Godspeed Pat, I will never forget standing at Formula 1 race at Indy in pouring rain, laughing about it. Thoughts and prayers to the Mach family, we have lost a great guy, and a true visionary for the sport.
Chad Colby says:
2/6/2011 1:20:00 AM

First of thx for the out pouring of support to his wife Lisa & Adam, our thoughts and prayers are with them. Today as many of you know many "USCC guys" were at the Soo I-500, and many tears were shared among men. I have so many feelings it's just hard to describe... so many people came up to me today, it was amazing and SO hard, this day will never be forgotten.
Alan Krause says:
2/6/2011 9:43:00 AM

I am speechless. Reading this took my breath away.
Thoughts and Prayers to Lisa, Adam, Family, Friends.
dana says:
2/6/2011 1:20:00 PM

wow...this was sent to me via e-mai------->A 42-year-old man was killed early Saturday in a snowmobile crash near Forest River, N.D., according to the state highway patrol.

Patrick Mach, of Minto, N.D., was travelling with three other snowmobilers about 1:40 a.m. on a groomed trail, going northeast from Forest River to Minto.

Crossing a gravel road, Mach’s snowmobile, an Arctic Cat Sno-Pro 600, went into the air and landed sideways on the trail, east of the road.

Mach, who was wearing a helmet, was thrown from his snowmobile and suffered head injuries. He died at the scene; the three other riders were not injured, the patrol reported.

Alcohol was involved in the crash, which is under investigation, the patrol said.

Joe Rainville says:
2/6/2011 8:34:00 PM

John, this is just a terrible loss. I only met Pat last year at the USCC East race in Maine. He was great, and ragged on me for racing a Cat instead of Liquifire. I still chuckle about that. He helped me to live my dream this year of ditch banging on a Deere sled with many of my I-500 hero's.

All I can do in return is pray for his wife and son. May Pat rest in piece, race from cloud to cloud and look down at all he built and call it good.

God bless,