Product Release: Team Arctic Releases 3 New 2021 Race Snowmobiles

(8/31/2020)

2021 Race Sled Teaser

Last week, Arctic Cat teased an image of three new Team Arctic race snowmobiles. I saw plenty of social comments with alot of great guesses on what they would be. Some were accurate, others I'd consider wishful thinking. Regardless, the shop talk about "what's coming" is one reason we all love snowmobiling.

Today we learn the true details. I for one, am happy to see AC build new competition snowmobiles this year. Despite the shortened race season last year due to COVID, Team Arctic had some satisfying results.

Tomorrow, Ill share an interview with Zach Herfindahl (Factory Team Arctic XC Pro and 2020's Stock 600 USXC Champ). Zach will give you his take on the new ZR6000R-XC, the updates, and what that means for Arctic Cat customers who ordered one.

Enjoy the photos and specs...let's hear your thoughtful comments.

2021 Arctic Cat ZR6000R XC

R XC New for 2021

2021 R XC Key Features

2021 R XC Specs

2021 R XC Studio

My big takeaway(s) from the new 2021 R-XC is: The shifts from a 137- to a 129-inch rear skidframe/track and moving from the ARSII to ARS front suspension. Arctic Cat drew the line in the sand and only offers 137-inch length skidframes on their consumer ZR model offerings. They did it for good reason too...the longer skidframe provides better traction/floatation and soaks up trail bumps. So why the shift back to 129? This combo helps for better lowered suspension set-ups on many of the lake races found on the cross-country race circuit, but also has some some characteristics aiding speed on rough terrain sections of the XC race course. Zach Herfindahl will share with us some of those benefits tomorrow, as well as his influence on the new R-XC.

2021 ZR6000R SX

2021 R SX New For 2021

2021 R SX Key Features

2021 R SX Specs

2021 ZR6000R SX

Its good to see a revised race sled for the snocross racers. And I'm anxiously awaiting the 2020/2021 tour schedule from ISOC. Based on conversations the National Snocross organizer has had with the OEMs recently, It sounds like the National Tour schedule will be released within the coming weeks. Due to COVID implications, I'd also assume the schedule will look different than what we've seen in the past, including later season starting dates and some changes in venues. Regardless, we should all get our chance to see some great snocross racing. Hooray!

2021 M8000R

2021 M8000R Alpha

2021 M8000R Key Features

2021 M8000R Alpha

2021 M8000R Alpha

In a press conference with snowmobile journalists, Team Arctic's Race Manager, Mike Kloety, talked about the importance of hillclimb racing to the company, and the lightweight agility of the new M8000R with 154-inch Alpha rail should help the success of their racers. Knowing the Alpha can withstand the rigors of hillclimb, makes a guy wonder how a modified version would do on a snocross sled? Added cornering speed anyone? Hmmmm?

Premium says:
8/31/2020 10:31:00 AM

Hmmm.

I'd be lying if I said I was impressed.

Other than the welcome sight glass delete, there's really nothing noteworthy here.

Certainly no reason to envy the new R-XC vs my 2015 R-XC.

Starting to lose hope of anything new coming out of Thief River Falls. I'll be in the market for another new sled within the next 2 years and I dont see myself spending 12-16k on yet another Procross.
Gerard K says:
8/31/2020 10:41:00 AM

When you got a fine tuned ass kickin machine ya don’t gotta change much.
brandon michaelis says:
8/31/2020 10:47:00 AM

No new rear skids. The competition is crushing it with the long, front arms in terms of ride quality. I dig the traditional black and green look however!
Daniel Leonard says:
8/31/2020 10:53:00 AM

I've said it all along...the ProCross is a great chassis and it can be refined slightly every year. Just needs to lose some weight.
I Bleed Green! says:
8/31/2020 10:58:00 AM

brandon michaelis: You must not be up on your history very well. The original long front arm came in the 2015 RXC. Been using it ever since. There is nothing wrong with a proven winner! Longer front arms have their downfalls as well. Be careful what you wish for. Hopefully next year at age 60, they will bring out something new.
Dulpher says:
8/31/2020 11:14:00 AM

Doesn't appear to be huge changes, but nice to see AC will be on the track with new equipment. Good luck this year Team Arctic!
Jerry says:
8/31/2020 11:17:00 AM

So what's the difference between an M Hardcore and the new M8000 R Alpha race sled?
Chip says:
8/31/2020 11:20:00 AM

Any word if ISOC will have a class for the new Blast? I was kinda hoping for a race version of the Blast. I guess Im one of the wishful thinkers you refer to! Haha.
Simon says:
8/31/2020 11:26:00 AM

It would be entertaining to see the SX with an Alpha skid. I bet cornering would be effortless and gain you some speed. Wheelies off the start might be an issue though. My Alpha 154 can dangle the skis all day.
Jeff says:
8/31/2020 11:53:00 AM

Other than the strange drop on the front of the seat, although I’m sure there’s a reason, they look great!!
2Fast says:
8/31/2020 1:10:00 PM

The cutout theory on the cross country seat is to aid in cornering when leaning off the sled left/right. More room for your legs when you ride up on the tank.
Eli says:
8/31/2020 1:20:00 PM

Jeff-the drop in the seat on the XC is for ice racing. Allows you to hug the tank a little better going around sharp corners.
Oldcrow says:
8/31/2020 4:29:00 PM

Nice;
Now to get Trent W back on Arctic Cat
Richard says:
8/31/2020 4:49:00 PM

What had changed from the 2019 model?
Oldcrow says:
8/31/2020 4:57:00 PM

Aim Solo Date Recorder
That's a new option I have not seen before.
Could it be a start of a new partnership leading to more gauge options on production sleds?
Trav says:
8/31/2020 5:56:00 PM

Kale do you sell any ArcticInsider shirts or hat? I need some snow swag.
Oily says:
8/31/2020 7:59:00 PM

If you sell hats, count me in for one. And include some stickers!!!
RACEKID says:
9/1/2020 6:35:00 AM

Please keep us up to date when you find out who will racing snocross for Team Arctic this season...thanks much.
B&E OUTDOORS says:
9/1/2020 8:28:00 AM

I talked to Trent's grandpa he is back on cat for this year the Polaris show was a @$%^ show lot of talk no action
A Noni Moose says:
9/12/2020 8:31:00 PM

What’s Arctic Cat’s Race Department’s take on the new Polaris race sled and it’s new 600 engine? Concerned?
Jim Walsh says:
9/19/2020 3:44:00 PM

That Polaris race sled is going to be E.F.I. this year and it probably won't be dialed in yet, so I wouldn't worry about the Polaris 600 being more dominant than Cats proven 600.
A Noni Moose says:
9/22/2020 3:59:00 PM

The new Polaris is throttle body injection just like the Arctic Cat. 18 HP bump up at mid-range, 10 HP bump up at WOT. I bleed green but I think the gauntlet has been thrown.