Tom Rides his Arctic Cat Cub

(11/5/2010)

Last week I spent a day shooting photos of Tom Rowland's amazing collection of Arctic Cats at his dealership, Thomas Sno Sports.

I also managed to capture this video of Tom practicing for the upcoming AMA Supercross season on his ultra-rare 1966 Arctic Cat Cub minibike/all-terrain cycle.

250 Tigger says:
11/5/2010 5:50:00 PM

Very cool !! Looks like it is about as fast as my 305 lynx. Quite the difference between the side by side and the model 1000. A couple of nice pieces you have there Tom.
Eric Bergstrom says:
11/6/2010 8:42:00 AM

Nice action video guys... and excellent commentary too! I was literally laughing out loud at this. You're right about the benefits of the two wheel drive. Maybe next time you should let the grass get a couple inches longer to really make it interesting. Well done!
Tom Rowland says:
11/8/2010 7:24:00 AM

Tigger...I bet you're right in saying that the 4 stroke Lynx and this bike would make a close drag race! Last time out, one of the neighbors dogs came out to chase me and caught me pretty easily.

Eric...I think a future demonstration with this should be held on one of the black-diamond ski runs at Spirit Mountain. For that one I'll hold the camera and Sandberg will drive the bike.
Wanda says:
11/8/2010 11:34:00 PM

Still smiling...who were they marketing this to? Awesome machine. Judging from the previous comments, this was probably top speed. :)
Steve Leauber says:
11/9/2010 3:03:00 PM

I have a 66 also, just got it running again last week. They are a blast to run now doubt about it, its amazing how much like a harley minesounds with that straight exhaust. It tends to steer a little sharper to the right thatn the left though.

I was driving mine mine up some pretty steep hills and that little 6 1/4 horse kohler just putts right up it no problem!

i took it to a show the other week with a bunch of other stuff and I got more people talking about that than my other stuff including my cutter kitchen I just restored. They are great and a real conversation piece for sure!

Tom if you have any pics of the light assemblies on it I would like to see them, mine are missing.

-Steve
Steve leauber says:
11/9/2010 3:18:00 PM

Oh and Tom if you do want to race it on the motocross circut I'm up for it! I think mine will go a bit faster than yours! Maybe we could have our own class! They would have to call it the vintage turtle class!