The 2023 BLAST 4000 XR TOURING shares many of the same great attributes of the BLAST XR in the Crossover segment, but adds a few key standout features making this a leading mid-size adventure touring snowmobile for two.
Why To Buy
Because you choose to ride a mid-size snowmobile engineered to carry a passenger who equally enjoys the adventures of trail riding as much as you do. – Shared together, you’ll have a Blast on the XR TOURING.
1. Made Right – The only mid-size touring snowmobile upholding the highest in Design, Quality, Comfort and Control.
2. Maintenance – The quick attach/detach side panels and top cowling make the BLAST one of the easiest models to gain access to the full engine compartment.
3. Engine – Arctic Cat’s C-TEC2 single-cylinder kicks out an impressive 65-class horsepower and combined with CVTech clutches, you can get to 50mph trail speed limits quicker than most.
4. Shared Experience – Creating lifelong snowmobile memories starts by sharing them with a fellow rider, or in this case, passenger.
The XR TOURING shares many commonalities with other BLAST models, chief amongst them is Arctic Cat’s C-TEC2 engine – a 397cc single-cylinder two-stroke with 65-class horsepower and Electronic Fuel Injection. Quick, responsive power is delivered via CVTech clutches for a smooth take off every time.
To define the BLAST XR TOURING as a legit two-up snowmobile, Arctic Cat engineers added key touring elements starting at the rear with a longer 146-in. suspension with 12.5-in. of travel, adjustable torsion springs and fiberglass overload springs to handle the extra weight of a passenger. A 15-in. wide Ripsaw track with 1.25-in. lugs was the best choice for the utmost in trail traction.
A dedicated two-up seat with hand and footholds provide the perfect placement for the passenger and a balanced center of gravity.
Up front, the lightweight Arctic Mountain Suspension (AMS) has a wider (than XR) 39.5-40.5-in. adjustable ski stance with a swaybar to work in harmony with the chassis offering 7.2-in. of suspension travel and paired with Trail-6 skis.
Dash mounted rocker controls are conveniently placed, and the easy to use driver hand warmers have been updated for 2023 with a high/low setting, versus the previous on/off option. Thumb warmer, headlight, and engine reverse engagement are also operated from the dash. The digital instrument gauge transmits all running info brightly and a magnetic tether switch for the driver is standard.
The performance-inspired bodywork comes in black with Gun Metal Blue Metallic graphics and a tall 15.5-in. windshield protects the driver and passenger.
The BLAST 4000 XR TOURING at a Glance
- 397cc, 2-stroke, C-TEC2 Single-Cylinder Engine with EFI
- 65-Class Horsepower
- Turn-Key Electric Start with Tether
- Engine Reverse
- 39.5-in. to 40.5-in. adjustable ski stance with Swaybar
- 146-in. rear suspension with Overload Springs
- 15-in. x 146-in. Ripsaw track with 1.25-in. lugs
- Trail-6 Skis with Single-Runner Carbide
- 4.5-in. handlebar riser
- 11.7 gallon fuel tank