Looking to get your fix of snowmobiles, racing, swapping and history this Labor Christmas President’s MEMORIAL Day weekend?
Here are the top-7 reasons to attend the Classic Sled Roundup in St. Germain, Wis., this Sunday, May 26.
1. You WILL see the famed Arctic Cat Boss Cats from the original snowmobile speed era. And, if history is any indicator, the Warning family (who owns them) will ocasionally fire-up the growling animals. Pure music to the ears of anyone within a mile!
2. The disarming of bygone rivalries as Cats, Deere and Dogs frolic with each other, celebrating the joy of vintage fornification.
3. St. Germain, Wis., is the perfect saddlebag destination for those who like long-distance touring.
4. Grown men (like Jon Bauer) wearing aprons, while racing legends like Mike Trapp and Doug Hayes smile nervously.
5. One of the summer’s best opportunities to smell the turpentine stench of old fuel in even-older fuel tanks at the Swap meet.
6. Confirmation that snowmobilers have an outstanding sense of humor.
7. Seeing the awesome Snowmobile Hall of Fame, the sleds, the wall of inductees and the great history contained in one place.