Eagle River World Championship Weekend Jan. 18-20

(1/17/2019)

eagle river derby weekend

eagle river derby weekend

It's World Championship Derby weekend in Eagle River, Wisconsin, Jan. 18-20 (bottom image).

Tradition, pagentry, beer and the beauty of oval racing at the sport's most storied venue.

If you've never been, it's an experience to put on your bucket list.

Good luck to the teams, racers and fans who keep the show goiing.

Ron Parks says:
1/17/2019 8:07:00 AM

It is a great experience/fun time!!I have been going since 1985(missed a few years here-n-there)Arctic Cat NEEDS to spend a lil money!!!! There's NO Arctic Cats in the W.C. Come on Cat! There's great driver's out there and awesome engine builders (Hooper) to make a winning team! (AGAIN) P.J. Wanderscheid has won 4 championships! And i had heard there team asked for just a lil money from Arctic, and they turned them down............ Sad.
Allen Teach says:
1/17/2019 5:49:00 PM

Hey John,
I got pretty good at playing Where's Waldo with Ryan as a kid--that ain't Eagle River. Never was a grandstand. Where is it???
ANTHONY J BRZEZICKI says:
1/17/2019 8:39:00 PM

You guys sure you got the right picture? I've been up there since 1966 and that doesn't look anything like Eagle River
Nathan170 says:
1/19/2019 12:48:00 PM

Ironwood, MI
pluedy says:
1/19/2019 7:42:00 PM

Agree...looks like the fairgrounds in Ironwood. Ooops.
1/19/2019 10:03:00 PM

LOL. Never believe the name on a photo you get from the original historian, C.J.

At this point, I'm leaving it up out of respect to Ironwood and Eagle (but adding an Eagle image).

Round and round we go...
ANTHONY J BRZEZICKI says:
1/30/2019 11:23:00 AM

Ya that's better, I see the "Big Barn Restaurant" which is still there but abandoned now
healthier living says:
1/22/2020 3:28:00 PM

Good day! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this website? I'm getting fed up of Wordpress because I've had problems with hackers and I'm looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be fantastic if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.
healthier living http://healthpointer.eu
advice for young people says:
1/23/2020 8:53:00 AM

Do you have a spam issue on this blog; I also am a blogger, and I was curious about your situation; we have developed some nice procedures and we are looking to trade methods with others, why not shoot me an email if interested.
advice for young people http://financetips.eu