Arctic Cat’s 50th Anniversary Celebration is July 29-30, 2011, in Thief River Falls, Minn. It’s gonna be huge!
Based on conversations I’ve had with some of the people who are organizing the event, here are some things to know:
1. There will be tours of the Arctic Cat factory on BOTH Friday and Saturday.
2. A welcome reception will also take place on Friday afternoon. I am hoping to sing my own rendition of Springsteen’s Born to Run, accompanied by Bobby Flame.
3. Interested in bringing your favorite Arctic Cat stuff to display? Awesome! Arctic Cat wants you, and is currently securing both indoor and outdoor locations for EVERYONE to display. From vintage sleds to Silverline boats, Scorpion stuff, bicycles, lawn mowers, ATVs, Wet Bikes, modern sleds, memorabilia… we want to see it all, whether it’s old or new.
Remember, this event is a celebration of the Arctic Cat brand over the past 50 years.
4. There is talk of an ATV/Prowler demo track where people can experience the latest wheelers, and where Bobby Flame will perform aerobatic (real word, look it up) maneuvers.
5. Kids stuff & giveaways. (These are two separate things…kids stuff, AND giveaways. Although if my kids are acting-up, I might combine.)
The 50th will be very family-friendly, so bring the kids.
6. Pit Row: Look for a dedicated area where anyone and everyone with a truck/tailer hauler can park and display. I have a feelinig this area will look like an Arctic Cat-only “race pits” spanning 1970-2011.
7. Looking to swap some stuff? Me too. So it’s a good thing plans are in the works for an Arctic Cat-only swap meet.
8. Special 50th Anniversary clothing and memorabilia will be on sale throughout the weekend.
9. Music/entertainment will also be part of the weekend. Nothing too big-name here, as the emphasis for this entire weekend is on people, rather than national entertainment.
I’m hoping that my rousing version of Born to Run will be met with enthusiastic cheers, and that I’ll be asked for encore on Saturday night. At this point, I’m thinking Honky Tonk Woman by the Stones.
10. The most massive Team Arctic Racer autograph session the world has ever seen, will take place during the weekend, with racers spanning the company’s entire 50-year history.
Look for more updates on the 50th here in the coming weeks. And if you have a song request for me to sing, please indicate.
I for one cannot WAIT for this event!