Custom machines come in all sizes, shapes and creative fusion. Case in point: the first-ever custom 2017 Arctic Cat HDX Crew XT courtesy of the crew at SuperATV.
Shown for the first time at Texas Mud Nationals, this machine stood out among the crowd for size (two rows of seats has a way of saying “Look At Me!”) and its tasteful selection of accessories.
Based in Madison, Indiana, SuperATV is an aftermarket company whose products span a wide range of machines and designs, but whose strongest focus has been mudding.
Offered the opportunity to customize a fresh-off-the-assembly-line Arctic Cat HDX Crew, SuperATV zeroed in on building a machine that would do it all: mud, hard pack, trails and more.
Here’s the goods:
* 32-in. Terminator Tires, featuring 2-in. tread depth, built-in rim guards and a self-cleaning tapered tread design. They’re mounted on 12 x 7 Bandit wheels with 4.5-in. back spacing.
* Those 32-in. tires consume a lot hp, so SuperATV added 4-in. Portal Gear lift with a 30 percent gear reduction. Their kit features precision ground gears for smooth, quiet and robust operation.
* A SuperATV 3-in. lift kit.
* Mudding mean occasionally getting stuck. Which means winching and/or towing. Hence, a SuperATV heavy-duty winch plate delivers the added bracing for mounting a 4,500-lb. winch (featuring wireless remote operation).
* A half windshield boasts .25-in. Makrolon AR abrasion-resistant polycarbonate construction, available with or without tint, that’s hard-coated on both sides for extra durability.
* SuperATV’s 180w, 30-in. CREE LED light bar delivers a combination of flood and spot lighting in 14,000 lumens of brightness.
* The bed-mounted insulated cooler/cargo box offers separated spaces for both ice/beverages and other supplies.
CLICK HERE (for their website) to learn more about this machine and what SuperATV offers for a full range of Arctic Cat machines.