In addition to the new Prowler Pro Crew models, Textron Off Road today announced the addition of a Ranch Edition model to the Prowler Pro line-up for 2019. Shown above, it gets EPS, 14-inch machined aluminum wheels with 27-inch Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 tires, a premium cut and sewn bench seat, LED accented halogen headlights, a hard top, 4,500-lb. WARN winch, front brush guard and rear bumper. It comes in Atomic Copper.
In the four months since TOR officially unveiled the 2019 Prowler Pro models, they’ve quietly and smoothly become instant favorites.
Read below to hear what TOR has to say about the model line.
• 812cc liquid-cooled 3-cylinder DOHC closed-loop EFI engine is ultra smooth and quiet. Gas-powered, it produces 50HP and is tuned to deliver strong low- and mid-range power for maximum hauling and towing performance.
• Electronic Throttle Control Technology is matched by a carefully calibrated CVT drive system to provide ultra-smooth acceleration and off-gas deceleration. The drive-by-wire system is even programmed to compensate for unintended “foot bounce” on the gas pedal to maintain smooth power delivery when riding over rough terrain.
• Electric 2/4WD with locking rear differential provides the exact drive you need via dash-mounted switches.
• The 2,000-lb. towing capacity, 1,500- lb. payload and 1,000-lb. cargo box capacity offer maximum hauling performance and convenience.
• 1,000-lb. capacity tilting rear cargo box is made of impact-resistant polymer for maximum durability and minimized sound while hauling payloads. The gas-assist tilt enables easy dumping of heavy loads.
• 10 inches of front suspension travel, 9.5 inches of rear suspension travel and 10.75 inches of ground clearance provide maximum comfort, performance and handling.
• Dedicated quiet and vibration-free ride technology produces the smoothest and quietest riding experience of any side-by-side in its class.
• 40/20/40 bench seating offers ample comfort and space for a driver and two passengers, with a low seat height that eases entry/exit for doing chores.
• The modular in-cab design features easily removable passenger seats that can be stowed behind the seat backs to provide extra storage space inside the cab.
• Prowler Pro models offer class-leading storage with 17.95 cubic-feet of overall space – including 14.72 cubic-feet in the cargo box. Additional space in the 330-cubic-inch glovebox and behind the seats is easily accessible.
• The low 13.25-inch floor height provides easy entry/exit for the driver and passengers.
• An infinitely adjustable tilt steering wheel and column-mounted shifter (P,R,N,H,L) enable comfortable operation with maximum space for the occupants.
• The adjustable driver seat offers 3 inches of forward/rearward movement.
• The ROPS system is roll-formed to provide easy and precise fitment of accessories.
• A customizable electronic speed controller allows the operator to easily set a maximum top speed from 25 to 50 mph (in 1-mph increments) via the dash gauge.
• Standard 2-inch (5cm) rear receiver hitch and dual front tow hooks.
• Prowler Pro models come with pre-installed wiring for a variety of accessories. A standard 75- Amp alternator provides ample electric power for accessories.
• More than 50 custom-designed accessories are available, including a truck-inspired cab, heater kit, plows, windshields, roofs, gun scabbards, brush guards and more.
The Silent Partner at Work and for Play
Textron Off Road expands its lineup of whisper-quiet Prowler Pro models for 2019 with the addition of the all-new Prowler Pro Ranch Edition pure-utility side-by- side. It joins the hugely popular Prowler Pro and Prowler Pro XT models to deliver the comfort and versatility to tackle the toughest jobs and lead the most-extreme hunts.
No matter what the job is, riders appreciate a quiet vehicle. At the heart of the Prowler Pro is a 50-horsepower, whisper-quiet, 812cc EFI engine that’s as reliable as it is capable of handling the workload. Its smoothness and quietness is the result of vibration-reducing engine mounts that minimize buzzing and harshness, as well as a tuned, rubber-isolated exhaust system that keeps sound to a hushed minimum.
Drive-by-wire throttle technology is matched by a carefully calibrated CVT drive system to provide ultra-smooth acceleration and off-gas deceleration. The drive-by-wire system is even programmed to compensate for unintended “foot bounce” on the gas pedal to maintain smooth power delivery when riding over rough terrain.
In addition to quiet powertrain, Prowler Pro provides a smooth, comfortable ride experience to easily handle tough tasks and long days. It boasts 10 inches of front and 9.5 inches of rear suspension travel, with 10.75 inches of ground clearance. Its 2,000-pound towing capacity, 1,500-pound payload and 1,000-pound cargo box capacity simplify hauling game and towing trailers.
For in-cab comfort, the vehicle features a three-person bench seat perfect for work applications, and tilt steering with a column shifter for easy and comfortable operation. The low floor and low seat height enable easy entry/exit that eases all-day work sessions, while the customizable speed control allows the operator to easily set a maximum speed between 25-50 mph (in 1-mph increments) to ensure that ranch and farm hands are utilizing appropriate speed on the job.
With 17.95 cubic-feet of overall storage capacity, Prowler Pro has a solution for every storage need. The tilting rear cargo box provides 14.72 cubic-feet of space to haul big gear and game. Its modular in-cab design allows for easy removal of the passenger seats – which can be easily stored behind the passenger’s seat – to free up additional floor storage space for oversized items. The behind-the- seat storage offers easily accessible space for quickly needed gear, while smaller items such as gloves, tools and safety goggles can be stored in the spacious glove box.
For maximum versatility, Textron Off Road offers more than 50 custom-built, easily installed accessories including a truck-inspired cab, a heater kit, body protection, plows, gun scabbards and lighting. Accessory packages include “Geared-Up,” “Expedition” and “Decked-Out” which offer different roof, windshield, protection, lighting, and in-cab customization options.
The base model Prowler Pro comes with standard rack-and-pinion steering and 12-inch steel wheels with 26-inch Pro Terrain tires, and is available in Marsh Green.
The more customized Prowler Pro XT offers electronic power steering (EPS) and 14-inch machined aluminum wheels, and is available in Dynamic Charcoal or Fire Red.
New for 2019, the Prowler Pro Ranch Edition features EPS, 14-inch machined aluminum wheels with 27-inch Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 tires, a premium cut and sewn bench seat, LED accented halogen headlights, a hard top, 4,500-lb. WARN winch, front brush guard and rear bumper. It comes in Atomic Copper.