Factory Friday: R-Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

(10/1/2020)

Between the Thundercat, and RR, Im not sure which model has stirred more emails to my inbox? For all you RR fans, they were built this week!!! Hooray! As were the ZR6000 Limiteds. Enjoy the photos, and enjoy your weekend!

The 2021 ZR8000 RR has gone through the line quicker than a Tucker Hibbert hole shot. Enjoy!

Hot on the RR's heels this week was the ZR6000 Limited

Dulpher says:
10/1/2020 7:52:00 PM

Its not Friday! But who cares! We get an early treat. Hahahaha. That RR sure is nice lookin. Thanks for posting early. You made my week.
Marco says:
10/1/2020 8:21:00 PM

Wait a minute... is this 2022 sleds they are building already? It is already October and are they going to be releasing 2022 ordering cycle till April? I am aware of C-19 have had factories cross the board (all including cars, boats, etc) shut down for a few months and might as well skip 2021 for 2022? That is the question on mind now. I am not sure about other riders and drivers (of cars, RVs), and Sailors (boats), have thought in mind at the moment.
Kale says:
10/1/2020 8:55:00 PM

Marco- these are 2021 models being built now. I’d suspect 2022 models will be launched after the first of the new year sometime.
Champ250 says:
10/2/2020 6:17:00 AM

Black and Arctic Cat green never gets old and always looks so mean. Thanks for sharing.
Oldcrow says:
10/2/2020 6:45:00 AM

One of those RR's could be mine.
Won't be long now.

Thanks for the pics Kale!!
Arctic Buster says:
10/2/2020 6:59:00 AM

Champ 250, I agree wholeheartedly with your color choice. Add in a white background and those colors stand out anywhere and announce the best sleds in the world.
Robert Klapperich says:
10/2/2020 7:57:00 AM

Should've bought a Ltd 6000 for my wife, so we could both ride 2021 Cats, but it just wasn't in the budget. Looking forward to riding the Riot!
Jamie MacMurdo says:
10/2/2020 11:33:00 AM

Any word on if we in Canada will get ours yet.
Alex says:
10/2/2020 2:16:00 PM

When will they be producing the 20" risers and matching bro helmet mohawks?
AllenO says:
10/2/2020 6:16:00 PM

Are these snowmaggedon models or did everyone order the same model?
Kale says:
10/2/2020 7:37:00 PM

AllenO- I’d assume this RR build are to fill the Snowmageddon orders. I don’t think any trail models were offered in the second chance order period.
CountyCat says:
10/3/2020 9:12:00 AM

Hello diehards, has anyone spent some real time yet on the Blast ZR? I wanted to order a new 21 ZR for myself and the Blast as 2nd machine for spare family use. I held off when virus locked things down. I am on Chemo and weight dropped from 190 to 135, so I figured I would not mind riding the Blast if family went with me. I’d let them get hooked on the full size. Just curious..
Tom Rowland says:
10/4/2020 8:41:00 PM

CountyCat: Ive put about a hundred miles on the various Blast models, a few others have too. It is everything you might expect...lightweight, nimble, easy to throw around if you want to, 70-plus mph on hardpack. For moderate-type riding and a huge fun-factor I cannot think too many people would regret buying a Blast.
Robert Klapperich says:
10/5/2020 7:38:00 AM

CountryCat - I haven't spent as much time as Tom has on the Blasts, but agree 100%. I went to a demo day and was able to share reactions with other riders. Anyone who rode the Blast ZR wanted to ride it again. When others were riding the big sleds, that ZR could keep up on trail, no problem. It reminded me of the fun of 70's or 80's sleds, but with modern suspension and ergos. Cat did a great job with the Blast, and the engine is as smooth as a twin.
Kale says:
10/5/2020 8:53:00 AM

CountyCat - I posted a Blast Ride Review, you may find it helpful. You'll have to copy/paste this link, or type "Blast" into the search function on AI to find the story.

I think Tom and Robert summed up the Blast experience. I ordered a ZR Blast for this season, and will definitely be sharing my thoughts on the unit throughout the winter.

Dwayne Charland says:
10/5/2020 2:24:00 PM

Unfortunately I can't get a cat in Canada, all sales have been halted due to the ongoing legal issues with BRP :(
CountyCat says:
10/5/2020 2:41:00 PM

Thanks all so much for the responses. That was exactly what I hoped to hear for the Blast ZR. Basically grew up on a 440 El-Tigre, so I assumed it might bring me back to those fun days pitching the sled around. Thanks again!!