Prowler PRO decked out with some sweet accessories, including the premium Cab Kit with roll-down windows.
While the stunning Wildcat XX might have grabbed the biggest headlines at the recent Arctic Cat-Textron Off Road dealer meeting in Las Vegas, it was another side-by-side that made the quietest (and perhaps most profound) impact.
I’m referring to the soon-to-be-released 2018 Prower Pro, a newly conceived utility side-by-side that emphasizes smoothness, quietness, quality and customizability.
Prowler Pro has been in the works for several years. Sharp eyed readers will notice it’s VERY similar to the recently released CUV82 SxS from Caterpiller. The best I gathered from talking with TOR, both companies collaborated to determine the features and form this machine would take, with Arctic Cat/TOR performing the design and development.
I talked with more than a dozen Arctic Cat and TOR employees at the dealer show who have spent significant time on preproduction versions of the new Prowler Pro. Judging from how many have said that they’re planning to purchase one for themselves, I believe we are looking at a machine that will happily satisfy the bulk of side-by-side owners who want a capable, quiet machine for general driving, towing, hauling and chores around their homes, cabins, ranches, hunting land and more.
Every person I talked with said the same thing: It’s EXTREMELY quiet and smooth (play the video below to hear what I’m talking about).
TOR gave it a pretty soft intro at the dealer show: so soft that there wasn’t any paperwork, specs or detailed info.
Below is what I know, with more/greater details to follow in the coming weeks.
* Ample head- and leg-room
* 812cc Liquid-cooled EFI engine, 50 hp
* 50 MPH (approx.) Top Speed
* 10-gallon fuel capacity
* 2,000-lb. Towing Capacity
* 10 inches Front Suspension Travel
* 9.5 inches Rear Suspension Travel
* 10.75 inches Ground Clearance
* 1,000-lb. Rear Tilt Cargo Box capacity
* 85-in. wheelbase, 62-in. wheel width
* Vehicle Dimensions 126- x 63- x 74-in.
* 32-in. seat height
* 2WD/4WD/4WD with Lock Differential
* Electronic Power Steering
* Tilt Steering wheel with column-mounted shifter
* Removable/stowable passenger seats
* Machined Aluminum Wheels
* Pro Terrain 26 x 10-14 Front and Rear Tires
* Tool-less service components with Easy-Access Panel
* Customizable Speed Controller
* Standard 75-Amp Alternator
*Dozens of available accessories, including: Cab kits (with roll-down windows); Roofs; Liners; Overhead Console; Grille Guard; Brush Guards; Full Glass Windshield; Rear Glass Windshield; Half Windshield; Bimini Roof; WARN Winch Kits; Hard Shell Doors; side and rear Mirros; Rear Bumper; Nerf Bars; (modular) Heater; Interior Dome Light; Beacon Light; Roof Work Light Set; Light Bar; Center Seat Console; Underseat Storage; Snow Plow; Gun Scabbard; and more.