Arctic Cat unveiled the new 2019 ZR 6000R XC cross-country racer at Hay Days. Not a lot of new stuff, but some nice upgrades for Team Green racers who want the latest-and-greatest.
NEW FOR 2019
• New handlebar-mounted controls are easier to use while riding, with improved ergonomics. The throttle lever is shorter and more comfortable. Momentary-style hand and thumb-warmer switches provide more heat level settings and also prevent unintended setting changes. A button on the handlebar controls now toggles the display screen on the gauge.
• New Stealth Lightweight Brake master cylinder offers increased braking power with less required force compared to the previous design, as well as a more protected design.
• New short-throw composite brake lever increases ergonomic comfort and feels warmer compared to aluminum levers.
• A new magnetic tether switch comes standard, offering quicker and simplified reattachment.
• New ECM calibration delivers enhanced performance.
• The race chassis comes equipped to easily upgrade to the iACT suspension package for racers who want push-button control of suspension performance.
• 23/40 gearing utilizing Borg Warner Chain and Sprockets for reduced stretch, lower friction, and increased strength.
• 40-tooth Torque Overload Sensing (TOS) bottom gear reduces spike loads into the drivetrain for greater durability in race conditions.
• FOX ZERO 1.5 QS3R ski and rear track suspension shocks feature piggyback reservoirs, Kashima coating, coil-over springs and 3-position dial compression adjustability for quick and easy tuning for riding style and conditions. The FOX ZERO 1.5 QS3 front track shock offers the same features without rebound control.
• Arctic Cat 6000-series 600 C-TEC2 DSI 2-stroke engine .
• TEAM Rapid Response II drive clutch and TS- 273 driven clutch feature an auto-adjusting belt tension design for optimal and consistent performance.
• The 15 x 129 x 1.25-in. Ripsaw track comes with clips on each track window for maximum top speed in all snow conditions.
• Race-developed seat reduces weight, lowers the center of gravity and is shaped to enable more efficient body position while cornering.
Cross-Country Racer with Championship Pedigree
The machine that delivered 13 cross-country championship titles in 2018 returns even better for 2019, with improvements in ergonomics and performance that make the ZR 6000R XC the most potent cross-country snowmobile in its class.
For 2019, the newest consumer-available cross-country racer gets premium handlebar-mounted controls with improved ergonomics, and that transmit visible information on the digital instrument gauge; a new magnetic tether switch; and a shorter, more comfortable throttle lever. The new Stealth Lightweight Brake master cylinder provides increased stopping power in a more protected design, with a more comfortable new short-throw brake lever. Revised gearing (with a Torque Overload Sensing gear) and new engine calibration deliver improved performance.
The lightweight, ultra-tough Pro-Cross chassis delivers championship-winning rigidity and ergonomics, and is the foundation for the winning design. It’s matched by the combination of the ARS front suspension and the 129- SLIDE-ACTION rear suspension (with 7-position rear coupling adjustability) that effortlessly carves corners and swallows bumps. Coil-over FOX ZERO QS3R shocks on the skis and rear suspension provide premium performance in all terrain conditions via their simplified adjustability and Kashima coating, while a four-wheel rear axle design increases track support in high-load racing conditions.
The auto-adjusting TEAM Rapid Response II drive and TS-273 driven clutch deliver consistent performance without manual adjustment, while a lightweight tubular driven shaft system and TOS chaincase gear maximize drivetrain durability.
The high-tech, Arctic Cat produced 6000-series 600 C-TEC2 2-stroke engine delivers class-leading horsepower and fuel economy thanks to Dual-Stage Injection (DSI), batteryless EFI, APV electronic exhaust valves, exhaust pipe temperature sensor, electric oil injection and convenient push-button engine reverse. Revised engine mapping for 2019 increases overall performance.
Racers will appreciate the reshaped seat, which features a cut-down shape up front to maximize cornering efficiency and rider ergonomics. The Next Gen bodywork provides maximum air flow for better under-hood heat management, plus easy-to-remove side panels and hood quick and simple access to key components.
The 15 x 129 x 1.25-in. Ripsaw track features clips on each track window for maximum performance in all snow conditions, and comes ready for traction products with the removal of the Quiet Track bumps. See your Arctic Cat dealer for more information about the 2019 ZR 6000R XC.