In addition to unveiling the new cross-country race sled at Hay Days, Arctic Cat also took the wraps off of a revised 2015 ZR 6000R SX snocross race sled.
I mention the XC racer because the switch it’s received (from using the pure race chassis/engine to using the standard ProCross chassis and C-TEC2 600 DSI engine) allowed Arctic Cat greater flexibility to change the snocrosser for 2015.
Key improvements to the 2015 ZR 6000R SX racer are aimed at increased performance and others at durability.
2015 Arctic Cat ZR 6000 R SX Improvements
• New Ceramic Coated Pipe for Improved Starting Line Performance
• New Track Lug Design for Improved Performance
• New FOX FLOAT EVOL RC Ski shocks with wide range hand adjustable Compression and Rebound Damping
• New Cyclone Master Cylinder (that’s aluminum instead of plastic) offers improved durability and lever feel, and is easier to bleed
• New Brake Pads with increased friction for improved stopping power
• TEAM Driven clutch assembly with a wider range of belt deflection adjustment
• New Torque Control Link (TCL) to allow for wider range of belt deflection adjustment
• Improved Snow flap mounting restraints
• New chaincase seal and cover for improved sealing and increased strength
• New ski axle for improved durability
• Revised Rear suspension Calibration for Improved Handling
• FOX 1.5 Zero C Front Track shock with wide range compression adjust
• FOX 2.0 Zero RC Rear Track shock with wide range compression and rebound adjust
• Revised 7-position coupling for improved durability
• Revised rear axle adjust blocks for improved durability
A few more photos below, followed by specifications: