The 2023 BLAST 4000 ZR is Arctic Cat’s most affordable entrant into the mid-size category of snowmobiles, and quite frankly, it’s the most fun. This right-sized package is centered around Arctic Cat’s C-TEC2 397cc single-cylinder, two-stroke engine with 65-class horsepower and Electronic Fuel Injection. The simplicity of the BLAST ZR, combined with the responsiveness of the engine, gives everyone who rides it a reminder of why this sport is so much fun.
Why To Buy
If your family is looking to buy one snowmobile to satisfy a variety of riders with varying skill levels and a scattering of ages, the BLAST ZR will invoke a smile inducing ride every time.
1. BLAST ZR Size – as an owner, you’ll truly appreciate this mid-size snowmobile. With a dry weight just north of 400lbs, moving the BLAST ZR around your garage, trailer or driveway is effortless.
2. Maintenance – The quick attach/detach side panels and top cowling make the BLAST one of the easiest models to gain access to the full engine compartment.
3. Engine – Arctic Cat’s C-TEC2 single-cylinder kicks out an impressive 65-class horsepower and combined with CVTech clutches, you can get to 50mph trail speed limits quicker than most.
4. Accessories – a wide range of accessories are available to customize your BLAST ZR including 15.5-in tall windshield, mid-size rear storage trail pack, front bumpers and more.
Arctic Cat perfected this right-sized ride by pairing the over-achieving C-TEC2 engine performance with a lightweight chassis and an optimal riding position. The narrow seat is the perfect height to shift riders forward towards the premium handlebars with hooked bar ends, so when the ride picks up pace, the BLAST ZR and its rider are ready to deliver a precise input at every corner.
Dash mounted rocker controls are conveniently placed, and the easy to use hand warmers have been updated for 2023 with a high/low setting, versus the previous on/off option. Thumb warmer, headlight, and engine reverse engagement are also operated from the dash. The digital instrument gauge transmits all running info brightly and a magnetic tether switch is standard.
Up front, the lightweight Arctic Mountain Suspension (AMS) has 7.2-in. of suspension travel, a 37.5-38.5-in. adjustable ski stance and Trail-6 skis with single-runner carbides.
In the rear, the BLAST ZR utilizes one of the most playful track lengths in the industry – a 121-in. skidframe boasts 10.7-in. of travel and is wrapped in a narrow 14-in. wide track with 1-in. lug. The performance-inspired bodywork comes in black/medium green
The BLAST 4000 ZR at a Glance
- 397cc, 2-stroke, C-TEC2 Single-Cylinder Engine with EFI
- 65-Class Horsepower
- CVTech Drive and Driven Clutches
- Turn-Key Electric Start
- Engine Reverse
- 11.7 gallon fuel tank
- Heated Hand/Thumb warmers with High/Low setting
- 37.5-in. to 38.5-in. adjustable ski stance
- 14-in. x 121-in. track with 1-in. lugs
- Tether Switch