Looking pretty green in the top-10 places in the Pro class following Day 1 of the I-500.
(Sorry, no times yet, just overall placings)
1. D.J. Ekre (Cat)
2. Ryan Simons (Cat)
3. Brian Dick (Cat)
4. Aaron Christensen (Pol)
5. Dan Ebert (Cat)
6. Ryan Huston (Cat)
7. Gabe Bunke (Pol)
8. Chad Lian (Cat)
9. Cory Davis (Cat)
10. Eric Gausen (Pol)
A couple notable facts:
– Defending champion Bryan Dyrdahl is not racing this year. Too bad, because he’s an awesome rider and a joy to watch.
– Roger Skime finished the first day. Go Roger!
– According to Roger’s secretary Sharon, he was eating a bowl of oatmeal at Arctic Cat at roughly 8 a.m. this morning before the race. Go Roger!
– Ekre’s average speed was 71 mph.
– You can listen to live coverage each day beginning at 10 am HERE
– Official results will also be posted HERE
GO ROGER GO! That’s awesome. Well, this pretty much eliminates my excuse of being too old to run the I-500….
What’s up with Dyrdahl not racing? I heard that he’s having a
conflict with Doo. Any truth to that?
Ekre’s avg speed 71mph?! Holy Crap! He’s haul’in the mail!
GO TEAM GREEN!
This is exciting!
Too bad Bryan Dyrdahl isn’t racing this year. Is it a matter of sponsorship or a matter of choice? I used to see Bryan ,and Danny Ekre, in the T/S racing trailer at various races as Arctic Cat team mates . They’re both upstanding young men. Speaking of upstanding men….both Steve Thorsen and Dean Schwartzwalter (T/S Racing) are both great guys………Mike from Troy,Michigan
Hey gang…where do we find day one satndings for the 85 HP Class?
Firedog, go to http://www.usccracing.com. The first day results are posted there.
Doo form 1099’d him for two sleds, thats why he’s not racing.